Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Tastes to Enjoy!

If you follow this blog, you will know that apart from my obvious love of fashion, my next greatest passion is food! I adore trying new restaurants in London and other parts of the world when I have the chance.  
 
Saying this though there is nothing better than cooking up a storm in your very own kitchen!
 
As I often work from home, I am lucky not to spend time commuting and have been trying to cook as often as possible. Last week, I cooked something that was so very easy yet enjoyable that I thought I would share!
 
 
Fig Jam
8 Ripe Figs
3 Whole Star Anise
4 Tablespoons Light Muscovado Sugar
2 Tablespoons Elderflower Vinegar (or balsamic if you can’t find this)  
 
Place all ingredients in a small frying pan and bring to the boil then simmer for approx 45mins (the figs will start to break down and the mixture will become thick)  
 
I like to then blend mine but you can have it nice and chunky if you prefer!  
 
Serve with toasted ciabatta bread, goat’s cheese and rocket - simple!
 
 
 
 Roast Sweet Potato, Chilli and Coconut Soup  
2 Large Sweet Potatoes
4 Carrots
1 Onion
400ml Can Coconut Milk
1 Cup of Chicken Stock
1-2 Red Chillis
1 Tablespoon of Ground Coriander
Fresh Coriander
Salt & Pepper to taste

Boil the whole sweet potatoes for approx 5 mins and then put in a roasting dish to cook for 1-11/2 hours depending on the size (make sure to pierce the potatoes if they are whole).

Place the carrots, onion and ground coriander in another roasting dish and cook for 1-2 hours (boil the carrots first if you don’t have this amount of time).

Add the roasted vegetables, chillis, stock, coconut milk and fresh coriander to a saucepan. Use a hand held blender and add in more stock if you please!!
 
 

 
Enjoy J  

© Kelly Love ALL RIGHTS RESERVED