Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Best Banana Cake

Much to the delight of my boyfriend and friends, I love baking! But no one is more delighted than me as I love sweet treats!  

Banana bread is a particular favourite and the best one I have found is from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook! I just add a couple more bananas than is required to give it a really caramelised flavour & add a splash of vanilla extract!  

Make it once and you will end up going back to it again & again!  

270g brown sugar
2 eggs
4 VERY ripe bananas
280g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla 
140g melted butter  

Mix sugar, vanilla & eggs together before mixing in the mashed bananas then add in all dry ingredients before adding the melted butter.

Pour into a dish and cook for an hour at 170 degrees.

Eat it & enjoy!






© Kelly Love ALL RIGHTS RESERVED