Saturday, July 24, 2010

Amberly Valentine

One of the most startling discoveries I have made since I began my journey as a fashion designer is just how many people are willing to give up their time and help, purely to see something lovely evolve.

Earlier in the year this was very apparent when I went in search of a photographer to shoot my lookbooks for AW10 Your Heart On My Sleeve and SS11 Origami Dolls. Weaving my way through endless websites and magazines I came across a website called Model Mayhem that links creative sorts together to collaborate on various projects. In this creative melting pot I came across some photos that were more charming than anything I had seen before by a photographer named Amberly Valentine.

What struck me about this artist was just how similar her aesthetic was to my way of working. There were also quite a few photos in Amberly’s portfolio that I wished involved my clothes and so it was a very easy decision of who to approach. Luckily for me Amberly was not only talented but also very humble and professional, offering to help me with the shoot. And the rest is history!

Since launching my label with this lookbook, I have secured a sales agent Daniella Alves @ Snow PR who will be selling the collection from her showroom from 8th August 2010 in Great Portland Street, London. I have 2 major stockists in the form of Rous Island Showroom and Catwalk Genius and I have been awarded a grant to exhibit my collection in Paris during fashion week. A feat that couldn’t have been done without Amberly.

The fantasy world of Amberly’s uninhibited imagination along with her technical ability will ensure she goes a long way. The photoshoots she works on lapse between edgy dreaminess to erotic vulnerability and always have a point of difference that makes them truly breathtaking. The photos from our shoot can be seen below in AW2010 Your Heart On My Sleeve however I have also included some of my most loved editorial shots from Amberly’s portfolio. Enjoy!

For more info go to http://www.amberlyvalentine.com/




© Kelly Love ALL RIGHTS RESERVED